Top 5 desserts you can make under 20 minutes at home
Yes, embrace your laziness and indulge your sweet tooth at the same time. It’s possible! Check out these 5 desserts to make in just 20 minutes.
1. No-Bake Oreo Bars
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
1 package Oreos
1 package large marshmallows
4 tablespoons butter or margarine vintage pokies
1. Line 8×8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Put Oreos into a large Ziploc bag.
3. Crush Oreos until no large pieces remain.
4. Melt butter and marshmallows in a large microwaveable bowl for about 2 minutes, until marshmallows fluff up and butter melts.
5. Add crushed Oreos immediately and mix until combined.
6. Press mixture into lined pan.
7. Cool bars for 10 minutes until set.
8. Cut into nine large bars.
2. Peanut Butter Bites
A no-bake nutty snack you can share with your best friend.
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 ½ cups rolled oats
¾ cup natural peanut butter
½ cup ground flax seed
¼ cup honey
½ cup chocolate chips
1. Combine oats, peanut butter, flaxseed and honey together until thoroughly mixed. Stir.
2. Roll into balls of any size. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for a couple of minutes for immediate consumption.
3. Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Total Time: 10 minutes
1 cup self-rising flour
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup half and half
Jelly Glass: 1 cup jelly
Optional decorations: Nilla Wafers, Chocolate sauce
1. Mash bananas in microwaveable bowl.
2. Mix in flour, peanut butter, and half and half. Stir until banana bread batter is smooth.
3.Microwave for 5 minutes until banana bread batter is thoroughly cooked.
4. In a separate microwaveable bowl, microwave jelly for 3 minutes.
5. Carefully remove jelly from microwave and pour onto a non-stick pan to cool.
6. Smash jelly glass with a knife or a fork into large shards.
7. Add fancy decorations and plate.
4. No-Bake Cake
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 1-2 minutes
Total Time: 2-3 minutes
1 serving of cake mix (about 28 grams or a little more than 2 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons of soda
Non-stick spray (optional, but highly recommended)
Microwave safe mug
1. Spray the mug with cooking spray to prevent the cake from sticking.
2. Add cake mix into mug.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of soda. For the chocolate brownie mix, cola or cream soda works well.
4. Mix all ingredients in the mug until there are no more lumps and the ‘batter’ resembles a more liquid version of normal cake batter.
5. Microwave for 60-90 seconds. The cooking times may vary depending on your microwave and portion size.
6. Leave cake in mug or place on a plate and dress it up with whipped cream, frosting, fruit or any other goodies and enjoy!
5. Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Cook Time:10 minutes
Total Time:7 minutes
12 ice cream sandwiches
2 tablespoon sea salt
1 cup caramel
1 12-oz. container Cool Whip
1. Place three ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of a non-stick tray.
2. Drizzle caramel and sea salt on top.
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 until you have 4 layers of ice cream sandwiches.
4. Freeze for 10 minutes if your cake begins to melt.
5. Cut the sides of your cake to create uniform edges.
6. Cover your cake with Cool Whip. Decorate with extra caramel drizzle and sea salt. Enjoy!